Acrojou are casting for a talented female performer to join the cast of their most successful show ‘The Wheel House’, for an international tour this summer (and potentially an Australia, New Zealand and Asia tour next spring!)
The Show: The Wheel House is performed by two acrobats on a ‘German Wheel’ with a house structure built inside it. The show is a narrative performance which happens inside and around the wheel as it rolls along. It travels at a gentle pace as the audience walk alongside it. The story is communicated through highly physical non-verbal theatre and acrobatics, and unfolds over a series of scenes, some rolling, some static. This show was created for outdoor performances and has been touring worldwide since 2008.
– Physical theatre: very strong performance ability and theatrical sensitivity,
– Strong movement ability and physical co-ordination,
– Confident working physically and creatively on and with equipment,
– Team player essential, must be happy working as a key member of a hard working team, during a busy tour,
– Public liability insurance through Equity or similar,
– Acrobatic or tumbling ability,
– A clean driving license is an advantage but not essential,
– French / Spanish speaking is an advantage but not essential.
Auditions: in May, exact dates TBC, there will be a 2 day audition (by invite only), with day two for callbacks asap
Rehearsals: w/c 11th May exact date TBC
Applicants: must be available for rehearsals and some performance dates in May and June 2015, with availability through to the end of September a bonus but not essential. If you are unavailable for a portion of this time please let us know in your initial application
Fees: £145 p/d for performance days, + all expenses, with rehearsal days paid above Equity/ ITC + all expenses
Apply by: 7th May 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
– brief cover letter, outlining your motivation for applying to work with us, referencing the points in the ‘necessary skills and attributes’ list
– one-page CV (please ensure your relevant skills are clearly outlined), please include height and weight
– link to a short and recent showreel/ short video of your performance work. (Please don’t send files that need to be downloaded to be viewed)
– two references with whom you have worked in a relevant professional context.