Thank you to everyone who attended the Slow Thinking | Circus Snapshot meeting on 29 July. It was wonderful to see so many people come together to offer their expertise and contribute to the discussions.
There is now an open invitation for people to register to stay connected with Circus Snapshot and find out more about the eight refreshed Missions and two Sector Support Groups that emerged following the meeting.
You can find a summary of the Slow Thinking | Circus Snapshot findings here.
Our next collective steps are to shape the conversations from Slow Thinking into deeper discussions and to find actions we can take forward to strengthen the circus sector across its many facets.
Please use this survey link to let us know which Mission Working Party and Sector Support Group. you would like to work with. Please come committed to each group you sign up for. We are also looking for people to nominate themselves as Conveners, to take responsibility for organising, delivering and reporting back on Zoom meetings.
We are very much finding our way and don’t own this process but we recognise it needs to be kickstarted and coordinated and this is a way to get things started and establish some principles of engagement:
- TRANSPARENCY – Meeting notes from Mission Working Parties will be shared and available to everyone.
- CONNECTED AUTONOMY – Each Mission Working Party will define its own actions but will be aware of other conversations that can inform the actions they take.
- REMUNERATION – Where people are unsalaried and they take a role as a Convener their time will be compensated.
- ACTION FOCUSSED – We want active participants. Working groups will be focussed and determined to take action.
- COMMITTED – We expect all participants to be committed to change.
The aim is for the Mission Working Parties and Sector Support Groups to take place on Zoom in late September. These will be resourced by Circus Snapshot. The plan is to follow them up with at least two more Zooms for each working party between October 2020 and March 2021.