The next expanded edition of Slow Thinking – Upswing‘s series of collective, free, online conversations for the circus sector – will feature Circus Snapshot and take place on Zoom on 29 July.
If you are a freelance circus artist, educator, producer, director, technician or work for a circus organisation and you are interested in the future of contemporary circus, please join us for this free event. Come prepared to participate and push actions forward by first exploring the full Circus Snapshot findings which you can read in full here.
Circus Snapshot is a qualitative research project which was completed prior to lockdown. Commissioned by Crying Out Loud, funded by Arts Council England and led by Daisy Drury, its aim is to draw together the professional, subsidised circus sector and to begin to create new pathways for its development.
This is an invitation to take action together. During this Slow Thinking session, we will be splitting into groups, each hosted by a member of the circus sector, to discus specific Missions of which 7 arose from the Circus Snapshot findings.
The 7 Circus Snapshot Missions are:
- Build the reputation of circus
- Establish a national database
- Create a national programme of residencies and development opportunities
- Create a collaborative touring network
- Plan and deliver a range of networking and showcase events
- Design and deliver a sector wide diversity action plan
- Link and collaborate with the youth circus sector and those working in circus education.
And for those of you who wish to bring any other topics or actions to the meeting, we’ve added an additional breakout group entitled Wild Card.
Booking is now open (click on the arrow next to the date in the side panel). Places are limited. Get in early!