Crying Out Loud is looking for:
- A freelance, Project Manager
- Two new Board members
1. We are looking for an experienced, freelance, project manager
We are looking for an experienced, freelance, project manager to lead on the delivery of the Now or Never Tour in collaboration with the company, the presenting partners and the other members of the Crying Out Loud team involved on the project. This is a part-time paid role (£120 per day for 45 days) to start asap.
– Organise the company’s UK stay: arrange travel between cities, prepare and distribute information packs, etc.
– Liaise with the presenting venues and anticipate the company’s needs as well as the front of house requirements around the big top.
– Liaise with Crying Out Loud’s Production Manager, Site Manager and Music Leader: collect and share information, ensuring all the members of the team deliver their tasks.
– Tour with the company when required. The tour will take place between June and September 2018 (with a gap in August).
– Experience in managing large scale touring events with international artists
– Capacity to travel in the UK
– Understanding of charities / arts organisations
– Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills
– Computer literacy and familiarity with Macs
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Well-organised and reliable
– Friendly, professional manner
– Able to work on own initiative
– Able to speak French
– Previous experience in touring a tent
– Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for the work of Crying Out Loud
If this interests you please send a CV and cover letter explaining your approach to the role to axel [at] cryingoutloud.org by 9am 22 January 2018 (interviews 25 January). If you have any questions you can call Axel on 0207 650 7954
2. We are seeking further Board members that augment the current Board’s expertise and in particular, we seek applicants that can:
– Increase the Board’s diversity
– Increase the Board’s knowledge and expertise of the arts sector outside of London
– Increase the range of people on Boards of arts organisations – we particularly welcome applications from individuals who have not previously been on an arts Board
– Contribute ideas and expertise on the resilience and sustainability of the organisation
– Support governance best practice
Person Specification for potential board members
– Professional experience in a useful and related area to COL’s work, alongside an interest in applying this expertise to enhance the governance of COL’s Board
– Interest in performing arts, and curiosity about the kind of producing work that COL undertakes
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team and build positive working relationship
– Excitement about the challenge of guiding COL’s direction in a complex arts environment
– Commitment and dedication to carrying out the board duties
– Willingness to commit the necessary time to fulfil this role
– Ability to treat sensitive information confidentially
– A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
If this interests you please get in touch either by sending an email to projects [at] cryingoutloud.org or telephone the office on 0207 650 7954.