Crying Out Loud are looking for an experienced, freelance, part time book keeper.
Summary terms and conditions
Role: Book keeper
Reports to: Executive Director
Contract terms: Part time (approximately four hours per week) we can discuss flexibility to suit applicant
Working with: The Crying Out Loud team, particularly the Executive Director and Administrator
Where: Somerset House South Wing, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA
Hours: Our office hours are 10:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday. There is flexibility around the structure of the part-time role, although a regular weekly pattern is preferred. The work may involve evenings.
Payment terms: Negotiable and dependent on experience.
To support Crying Out Loud in managing all book keeping activity including but not limited to:
- Undertaking all book keeping activity, including processing invoices, receipts and payments, bank reconciliation, management of purchase ledgers and journal entries, filing paperwork, petty cash reconciliation and completing VAT returns
- Producing consistent and reliable financial reporting and activity reports compliant with national and international requirements, applicable laws and procedures
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of book keeping in an arts organisation or charity
- Evidence of experience of using Mamut AccountEdge or other standard accounting software
- Knowledge of VAT issues for charities
- Knowledge of book keeping for charities
- Understanding of charities / arts organisations
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Macs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Well-organised and reliable
- Friendly, professional manner
- Able to work on own initiative
- Flexible attitude, able to move between two projects/companies
- Passion for the arts
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the work of Crying Out Loud
If interested, please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Monday 10 April 2017.